BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 105 deaths in the state since Thursday, Jan. 7.
There are 3,372 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 7,833 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 306,442 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
There are now 2,069 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 122
East Baton Rouge – 605
Livingston – 135
Pointe Coupee – 57
Tangipahoa – 196
West Baton Rouge – 49
West Feliciana – 26
There have been a total of 4,608,847 total tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of January 4, 280,373 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Confessed killer arrested after slaying ex-wife in Roseland
- Biden administration to deliver 25M masks to vulnerable Americans, increase vaccine shipments to states
- GOP lawmakers: Schools can reopen with no additional funds from Congress
- Moore Park shooting suspect indicted on murder charges
- Congress mulls ways to save USPS from financial ruin