BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) will administer the monkeypox vaccine at three nightclubs next week.
All locations will be offering second doses for anyone who has already received their first dose. LDH says that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend receiving the second dose within 24 to 35 days after the first.
COVID-19 vaccines will also be available. LDH says you don’t need to get first and second doses at the same location. Find a vaccination site near you.
Monkeypox vaccine site locations and times
- George’s Place (860 St. Louis Street)
- Saturday, Sept. 24 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cedarcrest Bar by Provo (1067 Airline Highway)
- Thursday, Sept. 29 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Splash Nightclub (2183 Highland Road)
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 9 p.m. to midnight
There are 239 monkeypox cases in the state as of Sept. 21, according to LDH.