BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Those who participate in Lent, we got you covered for those meatless Fridays.
Lent is from Feb. 22 to April 6. These 40 days symbolize the length of time Jesus Christ was in the desert. Catholics fast every Friday and can’t eat meat. If you’re used to eating meat and now don’t know where to find meatless dishes — of if you’re just tired of the same old thing — look no further.
Want to know where to find the best shrimp and grits? What about a good fried fish platter? Below is a list of dishes that were ranked between three and five stars on Yelp. Dishes include sushi, pasta and pizza.
But this list is not just for those who give up meat once a week for 40 days. Baton Rouge is known for its seafood, but what if you are allergic? Gino’s Restaurant has a top-rated spaghetti dish for you.
- Sushi Yama Spicy Tuna Lover Roll
- Sushi Masa Snow White Roll
- Soji Modern Asian Hailey’s Paradise Roll
- Jasmines on the Bayou Rocket Shrimp
- Capital City Crawfish & Cajun Specialties Fried Shrimp Remoulade Sandwich
- Simple Joe Cafe Shrimp and Grits
- Monjuni’s Italian Cafe Shrimp Aurora
- Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant Black Drum Fish Papillote
- Sammy’s Grill Highland Catfish and Shrimp Plate
- Dorothy’s Soul Food Kitchen Fried Fish Platter
- Tony’s Seafood Market & Deli Fried Catfish
- Cork’s Cajun Fried Fish and Shrimp Platter
- Gov’t Taco Fish Tacos
MORE: Baton Rouge churches selling fried fish, shrimp plates
- Parrain’s Seafood Oysters 5 stars
- Mansurs on the Boulevard Charbroiled Oysters
- Dargo’s – Baton Rouge Chargrilled Oysters
- New York Pizza and Pasta Cheese Pizza
- Rocca Pizzeria Pesto Pizza
- Gino’s Restuarant Spaghetti
- Bistro Italia Fried Ravioli
- Nino’s Gnocchi