BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – With wintry precipitation potentially on the way later this week, preparations are already being made on our local roads.
That is why you may see some salt and sand trucks making their way around Baton Rouge on Wednesday.
The mayor’s office is providing a list of locations that are preemptively receiving treatment:
- Joor Road ( North of Hooper Road only)
- Jones Creek Road Bridge
- Sherwood Forest Bridge
- Old Hammond Hwy Bridge (Jones creek Canal)
- Old Hammond Hwy Bridge (Lively Bayou)
- Bluebonnet Road(Bayou Fountain)
- Lee Drive (Bayou Duplainter)
- Lee Drive overpass between Highland Rd and Burbank Dr.
- O’Neal Lane Bridges (2 bridges)
- Perkins Rd. (College to Bluebonnet Blvd) 2 overpasses
- Airport Drainage overpasses three (3)
According to the mayor’s office, this list may grow later this week depending on what happens with the weather.