BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) –Schools and businesses are set to reopen on Friday after being closed majority of the week for hurricanes Marco and Laura.
Below is a list of all of the places we’ve confirmed are reopening tomorrow:
Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne announced that state offices in 42 north, central and southwest Louisiana parishes will be closed Friday, Aug. 28, in the aftermath of Hurricane Laura.
Those parishes that will be closed are Acadia, Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Calcasieu, Caldwell, Cameron, Catahoula, Claiborne, Concordia, DeSoto, East Carroll, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Iberia, Jackson, Jeff Davis, Lafayette, LaSalle, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Tensas, Union, Vermilion, Vernon, Webster, West Carroll and Winn.
State offices in all other parishes, including East Baton Rouge, will reopen.
- Ascension Public Schools will resume normal operations on Friday, Aug. 28, 2020, following closures from Hurricanes Marco and Laura this week. Students will return to school as originally scheduled. That means all primary students will return to school, and middle and high school students on an alternating schedule should attend in person if they are in the first group, usually identified as “A” group for most schools. The second “B” group will remain virtual on Friday.
- Ascension Parish President Clint Cointment has decreed that all Parish employees should report to work tomorrow, Friday August 28 as they normally do. All Parish buildings will operate their normal Friday hours.
East Baton Rouge Parish
- Due to storm recovery efforts, and pockets of power and utility outages across the parish, the East Baton Rouge Parish School System will continue online review and enrichment activities on Friday, August 28. EBRPSS schools and facilities will resume operations on Monday, August 31. Child nutrition will distribute 10-day meal boxes on Wednesday, September 2, at the designated pick up time for each school site.
- Southern University and Southern University Law Center will resume normal operations on Friday, Aug. 28. All classes (online, in-person and hybrid) will also resume. Southern University Agricultural Research and Extension Center will resume normal operations on Monday, Aug. 31.
- City-Parish employees in East Baton Rouge Parish will resume work on Friday, August 28. City-Parish offices will resume normal operating hours on Friday.
- Episcopal School of Baton Rouge will resume normal school hours on Friday, August 28th with all students, faculty and staff on campus.
Livingston Parish Public Schools will open tomorrow (Friday, Aug. 28) as weather conditions have returned to a safer status for most of the parish, following four days of closure due to concerns caused by Hurricanes Marcos and Laura.
Superintendent Joe Murphy said the district will adhere to its “regular” hybrid schedule for Friday, with all Group “D” students – those going five days per week – and Group “A” hybrid students attending classes at their assigned campuses.
Iberville Parish School System