ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- Dog suffers heatstroke after being chained up in the sun without water
- Thanksgiving dinner flavored candy corn now available at Walgreens
- R. Kelly’s manager charged with making threatening call to theater showing ‘Surviving R. Kelly’
- Clear the Shelters: Nayla, Ginger, Gabby, and Cassie (August 14th)
- Prosecutors dispute Jeffrey Epstein’s ex-girlfriend’s claims