LIVINGSTON, La. (BRPROUD) – Livingston Parish Public Schools announces COVID-19 guidelines ahead of the upcoming school year.
“Livingston Parish Public Schools will comply with the state guidelines, just as we have throughout the past year, in our response to health concerns caused by the COVID pandemic,” Superintendent Joe Murphy said. “Our greatest responsibility has been, and will always be, the health and safety of our students and employees.”
The guidelines for Livingston schools are as followed:
- Facial coverings or masks will be required for K-12 students and all employees for indoor activities, per the governor’s proclamation.
- Facial coverings are required of all drivers and all passengers on school busses.
- Temperature checks will not be required upon entering the campus; however, they will occur if school officials suspect a student or employee may have a fever. Persons with a fever will be sent home, and they will be asked to remain off campus until they are free of fever for 24 hours.
- All classrooms, busses, restrooms and “high-touch” surfaces on campuses will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Quarantines will be required of all positive cases. Some specific guidelines for individual circumstances include: 1) Quarantines can end after 10 days without testing if the person is not exhibiting symptoms. 2) Quarantines can end after 7 days if the individual takes a COVID PCR/molecular test receiving negative results and they are exhibiting no symptoms.
Contact tracing and quarantine guidelines for individuals potentially exposed in a school setting will be followed according to these circumstances:
- Close contacts for those who are fully vaccinated and remain asymptomatic will NOT be required to quarantine.
- Close contacts for those not vaccinated who were wearing a mask at the time of exposure, and the positive case was also wearing a mask, will NOT be required to quarantine.
- Close contacts for those not vaccinated who were not wearing a mask at the time of exposure, and/or the positive case was not wearing a mask, WILL be required to quarantine.
- All close contact quarantines are subject to the same return policy as positive cases – they may return if symptom-free without a test after 10 days or return after 7 days with a negative COVID PCR/molecular test.
Livingston Parish Public Schools guidelines can also be found on their website, click here to read.