LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — Crews have contained a wildfire along Highway 63 on Monday afternoon with the help of Mother Nature, the sheriff’s office says.
The Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office said the fire was near Highway 63, north of Highway 444. Officials said Highway 63 between Highway 42 and 444 reopened after 5 p.m.
The statewide burn ban is also still in effect with a few modifications, according to the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.
- Lawmakers raise concerns about antisemitism on college campuses
- Lawmakers tear into college heads on antisemitism
- House expected to vote on Biden impeachment inquiry next week
- Extraordinary Educator: A creative teacher who shows her students to the arts
- Data: Louisiana named one of US states with most improved SAT scores