LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — Livingston Parish residents approved a tax supporting the library system by a narrow margin on Saturday, Nov. 18, according to complete but unofficial results on the Louisiana Secretary of State website.
Funds will be used for “acquiring, constructing, improving, maintaining and operating the Livingston Parish Library.” There were 9,270 yes votes and 9,102 no votes.
Voters also selected council members for districts 3 and 6. Billy Taylor, a Republican, had 62% of the vote in District 3, and John Mangus, Republican, drew 57% of the support in District 6.
Across Louisiana, voters cast ballots in statewide races. They elected Liz Murrill as attorney general, Nancy Landry as secretary of state and John Fleming as treasurer. Voters also decided on four proposed constitutional amendments.
Races decided on Oct. 14
The following candidates won their respective races on Oct. 14 from complete, but unofficial results from the Louisiana Secretary of State’s website:
- Sheriff: Jason Ard, Republican
- Parish President: “Randy” Delatte, Republican
- Council Member District 1: Lonnie Watts, Republican
- Council Member District 2: Ryan Chavers, Republican
- Council Member District 4: John Wascom, Republican
- Council Member District 5: Erin Sandefur, Republican
- Council Member District 7: Ricky Goff, Republican
- Council Member District 8: Dean Coates, Republican
- Council Member District 9: Joseph “Joe” Erdey, Republican
- Alderman Town of Killian: Lyndon Hendley, Republican
Races decided at qualifying
Qualifying for state and local races was Aug. 8-10. If a race had only one candidate at the end of qualifying, that person would take office at the start of the next term.
The following seats were filled in unopposed races:
- Clerk of Court: Jason B. Harris, Republican
- Assessor: Jeffrey “Jeff” Taylor, Republican
- Coroner: “Ron” Coe, Republican
- Justice of the Peace Ward 6: Lisa Hoover Cothern, Republican
- Justice of the Peace Ward 10: Jessica Albarado, Republican
- Constable Justice of the Peace Ward 11: Timothy Ricks, Republican