LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — Deputies arrested Troy Copeland, 24, of Denham Springs, and Ashley Reeves, 31, of Walker, after finding drugs inside a home.
According to the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office, the investigation centered around a home on Hwy. 42 in Livingston. Copeland and Ashley were booked into the Livingston Parish Detention Center.
The following was seized during the search:
- About11 grams of fentanyl (packaged into 25 bindles for sale)
- About seven grams of methamphetamine (packaged into 11 bindles for sale)
- About two 2mg buprenorphine and naloxone
- About three 3mg buprenorphine and naloxone
- Two digital scales and packaging material
- Dietary fiber capsules (used as cutting agent for heroin and fentanyl)
“We appreciate our partners and will continue working together to keep these drugs off our streets, said Livingston Parish Sheriff, Jason Ard. “What we’ve all seen here lately is the mixing of fentanyl with other chemicals, some in lethal amounts, leading to overdoses and deaths. We’ll continue doing our part.”