BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – 40-year-old Mostafa Rasheed is behind bars facing child pornography and animal abuse charges.
Rasheed was arrested after a comprehensive investigation by the Louisiana Bureau of Investigation Cyber Crime Unit and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
The Louisiana Bureau of Investigation Cyber Crime Unit was notified through Cybertip reports in March that a Facebook user “uploaded a video believed to be child pornography.”
The video was viewed and it depicted a juvenile between the ages of 5 and 10 being raped.
Investigators were granted access to Rasheed’s Facebook account and seven illegal videos were found, according to the affidavit.
The Baton Rouge man is charged with:
- 3 Counts of Pornography Involving Juveniles (Under the age of 13 — (FELONY)
- 4 Counts of Sexual abuse of an animal — (FELONY)
- Saddler Named to Inaugural 2021-22 HBCU All-Star Game Watch List
- Baton Rouge doctors explain threat of new COVID-19 variant, Omicron
- Damone Clark and Cade York end regular season with SEC honors
- BRPD searching for missing 81-year-old man
- Kids’ Orchestra hoping to benefit from ‘225GIVES Day’ 24-hour give-a-thon