BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – 40-year-old Mostafa Rasheed is behind bars facing child pornography and animal abuse charges.
Rasheed was arrested after a comprehensive investigation by the Louisiana Bureau of Investigation Cyber Crime Unit and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
The Louisiana Bureau of Investigation Cyber Crime Unit was notified through Cybertip reports in March that a Facebook user “uploaded a video believed to be child pornography.”
The video was viewed and it depicted a juvenile between the ages of 5 and 10 being raped.
Investigators were granted access to Rasheed’s Facebook account and seven illegal videos were found, according to the affidavit.
The Baton Rouge man is charged with:
- 3 Counts of Pornography Involving Juveniles (Under the age of 13 — (FELONY)
- 4 Counts of Sexual abuse of an animal — (FELONY)
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue