HAMMOND, La. (BRPROUD)- James Balci of Hammond won some extra money to help him out during these unprecedented times.
Balci won $5,200 dollars playing Pick 4 Prize for the September 1 drawing.
“It is a little help for me to pay some bills and help my daughter,” Balci said.
Balci moved to Hammond from Turkey about 25 years ago. Before the pandemic he worked as a pipefitter.
He played his numbers straight/box meaning he could win by matching them in exact order or any order to win a prize; both of his tickets won straight for a $2,600 prize on each ticket, according to the Louisiana Lottery.
The tickets were purchased at a Hammond Winn-Dixe and RaceTrac gas station.
Balci has gotten lucky before as well. About two years ago he won almost $10,000 dollars playing Pick 4 straight.
- Ascension Parish left with flooding after weekend full of rain
- Sunday Night: Many dry days; Weekend storms
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Senators questioned about photos, video of UFOs above Navy warships
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84