BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A kindergarten student from St. Jude the Apostle School is currently fighting leukemia at St. Jude Hospital in Memphis.
The student’s name is Cruz and on Friday, “the school is doing a Superhero dress-up day to raise money for his foundation,” according to organizers.
Along with the dress-up day, jambalaya and pastalaya dinners are being handed out until 4:30 p.m.
Kindergarten dads are preparing the meals and unfortunately, those pasta dinners are sold out.
St. Jude the Apostle School is located at 9150 Highland Rd.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration