BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) will hold a flu vaccination event in Reserve on Monday, Nov. 1.
The St. John the Baptist Health Unit on Central Avenue will be the site for the event from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The community flu vaccination event is free and open to the public. Walk-ups are welcome. LDH recommends wearing a short-sleeve T-shirt or a loose-fitting long sleeve shirt. LDH says to bring private insurance, such as a Medicaid or Medicare card, so it can be billed.
The center is located at 473 Central Ave. in Reserve, La.
LDH gives a list of daily preventive actions to stop the spread of the flu and COVID-19:
- Avoid all or close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth becuase germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with viruses that cause flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that it is safe and effective for people to get their flu shots at the same time they receive the COVID-19 vaccine. According to LDH, the CDC reports 47% of Louisianans are fully vaccinated.