BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Louisiana Department of Health reports that 1,406 COVID-19 vaccine providers are available across the state in all 64 parishes. These providers include national and independent pharmacies, public health providers, clinics, physician offices, and hospitals.
LDH is coordinating with the COVID-19 vaccine distribution effort in Louisiana to slow the spread and put an end to the pandemic.
As COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to surge among unvaccinated individuals, all Louisianans are called upon to take action to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the state by getting their vaccine if they have not yet done so or by helping their family, friends and neighbors get the shot. There are three safe, effective vaccines that provide a high degree of protection against COVID-19 and its variants, including the highly contagious Delta variant, and they are available at no cost.
The Louisiana Department of Health and CDC recommend that people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days after their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
- Other conditions which cause moderate or severe immunosuppression similar to the above conditions
- People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
- Prescription or notation from a physician or other prescriber is not necessary at this time. Patients with one of the above conditions who wish to receive an additional dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine may self-attest to their condition by completing and signing this form.
All Louisiana residents ages 12 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. A signed parental consent form for those younger than 18 is required to receive the vaccine.
You can find the complete list of vaccine providers at http://covidvaccine.la.gov.
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19, dial 211 for assistance.