LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – Lafayette Police are searching the area for a man wanted on four counts of attempted first-degree murder.
26-year-old Joseph Devoltz is accused of firing his rifle at a father and his three sons, police said.
It happened Tuesday when police responded to a disturbance involving a firearm in the 100 Blk of Hebert Road where police say Devoltz was involved in a verbal altercation.
He disengaged himself from the altercation, according to police, went to home a short ways away and got his rifle.
When he returned, he allegedly fired several shots at the victims and fled the scene.
No one was injured, police said, but a vehicle did sustain damage from gunfire.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact police or dial 911.
- Securing the state: How Louisiana is preparing for Biden inauguration
- Baton Rouge General slams COVID-19 vaccine myths
- Two Prairieville residents arrested for allegedly setting fire to vacant Port Vincent bar
- AP source: Saints’ Nielsen accepts LSU coordinator job
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship