NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) — A Slidell woman has been arrested after her 16-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the leg on Thursday, according to the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff said Kimberly Taylor allowed her 16-year-old son to live with his cousin, a convicted felon, at a residence in the Rocket Ranch Trailer Park near Slidell.
The teen was at the residence with the cousin, Dane Williams, when he accidentally shot himself in the knee shortly before 1:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Taylor, who was living in a separate trailer next door, was alerted after her son was shot. She called 911 before driving him to an area hospital, where he was treated and released, according to the sheriff’s office.
Williams turned himself in on Sept. 22 and and was booked into the St. Tammany Parish Jail, according to St. Tammany Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff said she has been charged with improper supervision of a minor. She was booked into the St. Tammany Parish Jail, after detectives learned she was knowing allowing her minor child to live with a dangerous felon, according to the sheriff’s report.
- LDH confirms first case of U.K. COVID variant in Louisiana
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes