BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Two Louisiana Army National Guard soldiers will compete in the Louisiana regional competition, ‘Best Warriors.’
Sgt. Joel Murphy, a native of Ruston and member of the 225th Engineer Brigade and Spc. Skylar St. Pierre, a native of the New Orleans area and member of the 204th Theatre Airfield Operations Group were chosen out of 12 soldiers competing.
“These soldiers are above average and have proven to be both mentally and physically fit,” said Louisiana Army National Guard senior enlisted advisor, Command Sgt. Maj. Clifford Ockman.
Last years competition included, 8 events in a grueling 9-hour period, included the Army Physical Fitness Test, various Army Warrior Tasks, a 6-mile ruck march and a modified Army Combat Fitness Test, according to the Louisiana National Guard.
“I loved all the challenges being thrown at me. Being a soldier and doing those type of tasks … competing against the best of the best in the state … that’s what I like,” said St. Pierre. “My attitude when competing in anything is to muscle through and never give in to negative self-talk,” said Pierre.
The regional BWC will take place from August 27-30 in Arkansas.
- Nursing home residents prepare for 2020 Thanksgiving visits
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- BRAC releases COVID-19 economic impact indicator dashboard for capital area
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different