MONTEGUT, La. (WDSU) – A man is dead following a deputy-involved shooting in Terrebonne Parish.
It happened Monday just before 1:15 p.m. on Mimosa Lane.
investigators say deputies for the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office arrived at the home in reference to an aggravated assault involving a man armed with a rifle.
According to Louisiana State Police, as deputies tried to negotiate with the man, he began to fire at them and as a result deputies returned fire.
The man was taken to the hospital after he was struck, he later died from injuries.
LSP is leading the investigation.
There is no word on any other injuries.
- Louisiana health department ties COVID-19 outbreak to wrestling event
- Tigers Off To Lexington To Face Kentucky, Saturday, 5 p.m. CT
- Lions hire Aaron Glenn as defensive coordinator
- Tangipahoa Parish cancer patient makes facemasks for others
- Louisiana National Guard troops return home after securing U.S. Capitol during inauguration