Louisiana woman killed in house fire

Local News

Louisiana Office of State Fire Marshal

COVINGTON, La. (WDSU) — A Covington woman died in a house fire Tuesday, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

The fire happened at a home in the 19000 block of Wymer Rd.

“Firefighters later located the body of a female occupant in the home’s living room,” according to the State Fire Marshal.

Investigators believe that the woman who died in the house fire was a ‘resident of the home.’

The State Fire Marshal says that the fire started in the living room.

The 53-year old woman was found in the living room.

Fire investigators are still working to figure out what started the blaze.

LOSFM says, “deputies are unable to rule out a potential electrical malfunction as a result of improper wiring related to an excessive amount of connected extension cords located throughout the house.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories