COVINGTON, La. (WDSU) — A Covington woman died in a house fire Tuesday, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The fire happened at a home in the 19000 block of Wymer Rd.
“Firefighters later located the body of a female occupant in the home’s living room,” according to the State Fire Marshal.
Investigators believe that the woman who died in the house fire was a ‘resident of the home.’
The State Fire Marshal says that the fire started in the living room.
The 53-year old woman was found in the living room.
Fire investigators are still working to figure out what started the blaze.
LOSFM says, “deputies are unable to rule out a potential electrical malfunction as a result of improper wiring related to an excessive amount of connected extension cords located throughout the house.”