Finley led the Tigers to a win against South Carolina with a 24-52 score on Oct. 24.
Tiger fans say Finley is the spark the team needed to lead them to victory on Saturday night.
“He restored my faith in the team and hopefully they will move forward,” LSU fan Kurt Raymond said.
Stephen Armstrong, a fan from Houston says Finley and Brennan can learn a lot from one another.
“He really helps us move the ball well,” Armstrong said. “I think Myles has the arm strength for sure, but sometimes I think he second guesses himself.”
Finley threw two touchdown passes and ran one touchdown.
“The offense was great,” LSU student Maddie Bringham said. “He did a really good job. Especially taking over for Myles Brennan, that’s a really hard job to step into.”
The national champs are set to play Auburn on Sat. Oct 31 at 2:30 p.m.
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more employees amid pandemic