BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) has extended the Disaster Unemployment Assistance application deadline. The new deadline is Nov. 2.
LWC said parishes eligible to apply include Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana,
Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard, St.
Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa,
Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
LWC states that the DUA is available to individuals who:
- Worked or were self-employed or were scheduled to begin work or self-employment;
- Can no longer work or perform services because of physical damage of destruction to the place of employment as a direct result of the disaster;
- Can establish that the work or self-employment they can no longer perform was their principal source of income;
- Do not qualify for regular unemployment benefits from any state;
- Cannot perform work or self-employment because of an injury as a direct result of the disaster; or
- Became the breadwinner or major support of a household because of the death of the head of household.
Applicants with questions can review LWC’s frequently asked questions by clicking here.
To file a DUA claim, click here or call 1-866-783-5567 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
LWC will have mobile units available in the following locations:
- St. Helena Parish: Sept. 22nd, 9 AM to 6 PM, Northshore Technical & Community College, Florida Parishes, 7067 Hwy. 10, Greensburg, LA 70441
- St. Charles Parish: Sept. 23rd – 24th, 9 AM to 4 PM, Killona Community Services Center, 201 Hwy 3141, Killona, LA 70057
- Lafourche Parish: Sept. 27th – 28th, 9 AM to 6 PM, Golden Meadow Town Hall, 107 Jervis Dr, Golden
Meadow, LA 70357