BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office arrested an alleged drug dealer accused of selling drugs in front of his one-year-old child on Tuesday.
The sheriff’s office said Preston “Wild Side Magi” Kinchen, 40, sold fentanyl and cocaine to agents working the weeks-long investigation. EBRSO said Kinchen was holding his child during one transaction.
EBRSO said the following was seized in a search on Tigerland Avenue:
- One kilogram (36 ounces) of fentanyl (Approx. street value $70,000)
- 3.4 ounces of powder cocaine (Approx. street value $3,400)
- One ounce of crack cocaine (Approx. street value $1,200)
- Two ounces of methamphetamine
- Seven ounces of Marijuana
- Four grams of amphetamine powder
- 22 packs of THC Edibles
- Rossi 38 Special Revolver
- Glock .40 Handgun
- Norico AK-47 rifle
- Winchester 20 gauge shotgun
- Spikes AR-15 rifle
- Two drum style high capacity magazines and approx. 800 rounds of ammo
- $18,758 (pending seizure)
- 2016 GMC Denali truck (pending seizure)
Kinchen was arrested on Tuesday, Aug. 9 by EBRSO on charges of two counts of distribution of fentanyl, two counts of distribution of cocaine, illegal use or sale of narcotics in the presence of a juvenile, four counts of possession with intent to distribute schedule II, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, possession of a firearm with dugs, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of CDS in the presence of a juvenile, child desertion, and two counts of cruelty to juvenile.
Authorities said the Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) was contacted and Kinchen’s child was released to a family member.