MANDEVILLE, La.(WDSU) —The Mandeville Police Department is looking for the person or persons who vandalized a makeshift memorial for fallen officer, Capt. Vincent Liberto Jr.
Liberto, who served 25 years with the department, was shot and killed following a police pursuit in Sept. of 2019.
On Facebook, the department explained it had planned to clean up the memorial and replace tattered flags with something permanent. But the post said “some evil, hate filled individual/s thought it better to desecrate the site.”
The department went on to describe the act as “disgusting” and “disrespectful.”
Mandeville PD is now asking for leads. Anyone with information can call 985-626-9711.
- Nick and Terry Saban donate to save Space Camp in Huntsville
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Postgame Show: Saints fall to the Raiders 34-24
- LSU season ticket holders ‘disappointed’ they didn’t get all of their tickets
- Louisiana man handed life sentence after first-degree rape conviction
- Canadian woman suspected of mailing ricin to Trump, South Texas officials linked to her 2019 arrest, deportation