BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome designated November as Veterans Month in East Baton Rouge Parish on Wednesday, Nov. 2.
“The sacrifices of our veterans have laid the foundation for the freedoms we cherish, and their dedication continues to inspire us all,” Broome said. “Let us come together as a community to express our deep appreciation and unwavering support for our veterans, acknowledging the courage, commitment, and resolve that define them. Baton Rouge salutes you, our true heroes, during this special week of gratitude and celebration.”
To commemorate the month, the Mayor’s Advisory Council on Veterans Affairs will host its second-annual RedStick Veterans Week from Nov. 4-11. The theme this year is “Warriors of the Past to the Present.”
RedStick Veteran’s Week events
- Saturday, Nov. 4: Flag Folding Event from 9 a.m. to noon at Baton Rouge City Hall Lawn
- Sunday, Nov. 5: Prayer Brunch from 10 a.m. to noon at Capitol Park Museum Downtown Baton Rouge
- Tuesday, Nov. 7: Mayoral Press Conference Declaring Veterans Month at 10 a.m. at the Mississippi River Levee at USS Kidd.
- Wednesday, Nov. 8: Red Stick Veterans Week Kickoff at 10 a.m. at the Rhorer Plaza & Galvez Stage
- Wednesday, Nov 8: Veterans Month Recognitions at 10 a.m. at the Metropolitan Council Chambers in City Hall
- Thursday, Nov. 9: Mayor’s Veterans Breakfast at 8 a.m. at the East Baton Rouge Main Library
- Friday, Nov. 10: The 248th United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball at 5:30 p.m. at the S.U. Cotillion Ballroom
- Saturday, Nov. 11: The Devil Dawg Dash 5K at 6 a.m. at the L’Auberge Hotel
- Saturday, Nov. 11: Block Party and pre-game concert from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at A.W. Mumford Stadium