BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — EBR Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome is encouraging residents to wear a face mask in indoor public places, along with other COVID precautions.
On Wednesday, the CDC classified East Baton Rouge as a community of high transmission.
Mayor Broome is suggesting the following precautions:
- Use COVID-19 safety precautions during your holiday gatherings and activities such as, wearing a face covering, practice social distancing, and avoid indoor gatherings.
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine. Visit brla.gov/covid for vaccine locations near you.
- Wear a face covering in all public places, practice social distancing, and be aware of personal hygiene by washing your hands.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Unless it is a life threatening emergency do not go to the emergency room.
- If you think you have COVID-19, go get tested. Visit brla.gov/covid for the most up-to-date testing locations near you.
- Follow the latest CDC guidance on isolation and quarantining.