BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Halloween is 16 days away, do you have your costume ready?
With dreams of candy on our minds, the mayor is reminding everyone of these Phase 3 restrictions for all businesses and events within the parish:
- General businesses are limited to 75% occupancy, with social distancing required.
- Social gatherings are limited to 50% capacity with a max of 250 people, with social distancing required.
- Outdoor crowd sizes are limited to 50% capacity of the outdoor space with up to 250 people, with social distancing required.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) considers traditional trick-or-treating or costume parties to be “high-risk” activities during this pandemic. We recommend participating in modified, open-air events, where everyone can keep their distance and wear face coverings.
Besides the costumes and the candy, the most important information is that trick-or-treaters can go door-to-door between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. in City of Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish.
- 787,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Thursday Morning: Storm chances today and Friday; Cool down possible next week
- LIVE: Senate Judiciary Committee to vote on Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court nomination
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- Blue Bell ice cream holiday favorite returns to grocery freezer aisles