BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – CareSouth Medical and Dental is hosting a community vaccine event on Saturday, Oct. 2 at its Baton Rouge location from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The clinic is located at 3140 Florida St. in Baton Rouge.
The clinic will vaccinate 200 people from ages 12 and older by first-come, first serve appointments only. The Pfizer vaccine will be administered.
- You must be six months out from your two-dose Pfizer series
- Any adult over the age of 65 is qualified
- If you are older than 18 and have underlying medical conditions
- If you are older than 18 and live or work in places that put you at risk of COVID exposure
- People vaccinated with Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are not eligible
“We’re committed to making sure the vaccine is available to everyone,” CareSouth CEO Matthew Valliere said.
CareSouth asks residents to bring their insurance card if available and photo identification.
If a resident has insurance, it will be billed. For residents with no insurance, CareSouth will cover the cost, according to an official press release.
“CareSouth is excited to be able to host another community wide event to continue to give access to those in our community who need it most,” Valliere said.
Call (225) 650-2000 to make an appointment.