BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Baton Rouge animal shelter Companion Animal Alliance is highlighting two adoptable pets this week, rather than the single pet it typically chooses as its “dog of the week.”
The latest dogs of the week are Husky-mix sisters Tulip and Violet.
The shelter described these bright-eyed, 1-year-old pups as being sweet and submissive.
Tulip and Violet love each other, according to CAA, but they may become more confident if they are adopted separately. They can also be adopted together if an adopter is ready to take on two dogs at once.
Those looking to adopt one or both of these dogs can do so for free this week. CAA is waiving adoption fees for all adoptable pets from Wednesday to Sunday in an attempt to alleviate some of the crowding at the shelter, which is over capacity.
To inquire about adopting Tulip, Violet or another pet from CAA, email email@example.com.
CAA is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s located at 2550 Gourrier Ave.
- Homer cruises by White Castle to advance in playoffs
- Saints pay tribute to Drew Brees with fans
- No. 1 Catholic High survives against No. 5 St. Paul’s, will play for state title
- Friday Night: Cold and chilly ahead; rain returns to the forecast
- Experts predict increase in online scams due to supply chain issues