A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for Baton Rouge until 7:00 pm tonight.
If you are in need of sandbags, the East Baton Rouge Parish Mayor’s Office of Homeland Security And Emergency Preparedness has you covered.
MOHSEP is providing sand and sandbags at various locations through the city.
Those locations are provided below:
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Meyer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 South Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- St. George Fire Department Headquarters – 14100 Airline Highway
The National Weather Service said East Baton Rouge Parish could receive anywhere from 4 to 6 inches of rain through Sunday, June 9.
If you would like sandbags, please bring your own shovel to the above locations.
MOHSEP is offering real-time sandbag location information at BRLA Emergency.