LABADIEVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – A Morgan City man was arrested for multiple drug and gun law violations, according to the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office (APSO).
The suspect, 31-year-old Shawn Christopher Ramagos, was stopped after a traffic violation by an ICE deputy.
The K-9 unit was requested by the deputy. The K-9 alerted authorities to the presence of controlled dangerous substances.
APSO said a search of the vehicle found heroin, meth-amphetamine and two large caliber handguns.
Deputies learned that Ramagos was previously convicted to felony offenses related to an armed robbery in 2013 and resisting arrest by force or violence in 2019.
Ramagos faces charges including:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Two count of Illegal Carrying of a Firearm in the Presence of Controlled Dangerous Substances
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Heroin with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Meth-Amphetamine with Intent to Distribute
- Resisting an Officer
According to the sheriff’s office, he is currently in custody at the Assumption Parish Detention Facility with a bond set at $150,000.