BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) — Starting today, the first year and returning LSU students will begin moving into their dorms and on-campus apartments.
Move-in is the final stage of orientation and kicks off LSU Welcome Week.
Students and their guests will begin at the staging area off of River Rd. (between the vet school and Companion Animal Alliance)
- Pull up to the welcome tents where you will exchange your hang tag for a building-specific hang tag.
- Oversize vehicles, cars with trailers attached, and box trucks should use the far right-hand lane in the staging area.
- From there just follow the directional signage and friendly faces to get in the correct lane for your building and then from the staging area to your residence hall or apartment unloading zone.
- At your community’s unloading zone, guests can begin unloading cars while the student enters the building to check-in.
- Rolling carts are available for use, however, you are encouraged to bring a hand truck, dolly, or wagon to use. You and your guests are responsible for moving items into your room.
- After cars are unloaded, they must be moved to parking areas throughout campus that do not interfere with move-in routes. Guests can then walk back to their student’s community and rejoin the group.
- Bring down all trash and flattened cardboard boxes to the trash and recycle dumpsters outside the building.
- Request to have your bed height adjusted at your community’s front desk.
For more information on Move-in Day, click here.