BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Gallery’s (BRG) Movies & Music on the Lawn returns this summer.
The series features Louisiana-based musicians performing their own film score along with silent movies to create a new movie viewing experience.
On Saturday, June 26, the outdoor event gathers once again after pausing last year due to COVID-19 restrictions. The event series kicks off on the 26th featuring local band Riarosa and the 1927 silent comedy “The Red Mill.”
BRG Movies & Music on the Lawn has five events scheduled for 2021.
This year’s lineup includes:
- June 26: “The Red Mill” (1927) with an original score from Riarosa
- July 24: “The Crowd” (1928) with an original score from The Lilli Lewis Project
- August 21: Kids Night featuring “Shaun the Sheep” (2015) with an original score from the students of Baton Rouge Music Studios
- September 18: “The Kid Brother” (1927) with an original score from Minos the Saint**
- October 24: “Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde” (1920) with an original score from Palomino Darling
**free admission as part of The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge’s Ebb and Flow Festival
Tickets to the unique event are $7 and include bottomless popcorn. For tickets, visit batonrougegallery.org or buy at the entrance.