NAPOLEONVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – Assumption Parish deputies engaged in high-speed pursuit after a vehicle committed a traffic violation on Wednesday, June 30.
The Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office (APSO) said the vehicle reached up to 140 miles per hour while the driver allegedly threw “items suspected to be contraband” out the window. The pursuit ended on LA 401 and the suspect was identified as 30-year-old Alton Cody Jamaal Jupiter.
A vehicle search conducted by deputies using K-9s led to the discovery of marijuana.
APSO said Jupiter was arrested and booked into the Assumption Parish Detention Center. He faces charges including:
- Possession of Marijuana – 2nd Offense
- Aggravated Flight from Officer
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Obstruction of Justice
- Following Too Closely
- Driving with a Suspended Drivers License
- Driving on Roadway Laned for Traffic