BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported to a house fire in the 7000 block of Greenwell Street on Jan. 7.
Before officials arrived, Asiatic Kent was on his way to work when he noticed smoke coming out of his neighbors house.
Kent acted fast and recused a mother and her child out of the flaming home.
“I kicked the air condition and got the little baby out. And we kicked the door in and tried to see if we can go through the front and get the lady out, but we couldn’t. I went and kicked the rest of the window out and we got her out,” Kent said.
Kent says he was aware he was putting his life in danger but it was worth it knowing children lived in the home.
“It was the kids for me. I had to do what I had to do,” he said.
A family of four has been displaced. Two of those people sustained non-life-threatening injuries and taken to a local hospital, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The home is a total loss.
BRFD is still investigating the cause of the fire.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- House fire in Baton Rouge caused by laundry malfunction