BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – We’re all used to a packed house in Tiger Stadium and if you’re not inside watching the game, you’re enjoying the festivities outside, but a lot of that has changed due to the pandemic.
LSU’s Athletics Department announced Wednesday afternoon Tiger Stadium procedures and there a lot of changes and one of the biggest is tailgating will not be allowed.
The department is encouraging fans without tickets to enjoy the game from home to help minimize the number of people on campus.
Tiger stadium will open the 2020 season with 25 percent capacity and fans who go to the game will be required to wear face masks on campus and in tiger stadium, and physical distancing will be mandatory.
Ticket holders who want to opt out of their 2020 season tickets can do so the deadline to opt out is Friday, September 11th.
Many game day traditions are cancelled including tiger walk down “Victory Hill” and Nicholson Gateway Fan Fest.
Bands will be restricted from performing on the field before games and at halftime and the size will be reduced for physical distancing.
Officials remind fans that plans for 2020 are subject to change before and during the season along with changes to public-health guidelines related to the spread of COVID-19.
You can find more on guideline changes through LSU Athletics website.
- Baton Rouge Police Department searching for suspect accused of killing ex girlfriend
- Louisiana man facing two sex offense charges involving teenage girl posts bail, leaves jail
- Restaurant owners adjust to phase 3
- City of Baker to offer free COVID-19 testing in church parking lot Sept. 25
- City of New Roads to host 11th Annual Spring Street Car Show