BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Children in the Baton Rouge area can receive their first dose of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine starting on Sunday, Nov. 7.
“As a pediatrician, I wholeheartedly recommend that you get your children vaccinated,” said James Wayne, M.D., Section Head of Pediatrics, Ochsner Baton Rouge. “It’s another added layer of protection, especially in time for those holiday family gatherings. I’m excited to get the vaccine for my seven-year-old daughter.”
Ochsner officials said vaccine doses for children are smaller than doses for adults. Additionally, the Baton Rouge location will not be administering child and adult vaccines at the same time. Health officials said this is to avoid administering the wrong dose to an individual.
Upcoming vaccine events for children:
- Sunday, Nov. 7 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Former Runnels School (17255 S. Harrell’s Ferry Rd., Baton Rouge)
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Ochsner Health Center – Prairieville (16220 Airline Hwy., Prairieville)
- Thursday, Nov. 11 from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove, Pediatric Super-Clinic (10310 The Grove Blvd., Baton Rouge)
- Saturday, Nov. 13 from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Former Runnels School
- Sunday, Nov. 14 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Former Runnels School
- Monday, Nov. 15 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Ochsner Health Center for Children – Goodwood (8040 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge)
Appointments can be made by calling 844-888-2772 or visiting myochsner.org.