BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Ochsner Baton Rouge and Southern University are partnering to host a mass drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination event Saturday with the goal of administering 2,000 Moderna vaccines at no cost to recipients.
Those looking to get vaccinated can do so from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at Southern’s F.G. Clark Activity Center, located at 801 Harding Blvd.
Those who receive the first dose of the Moderna vaccine can get their second free dose at the same location on Sunday, April 25.
Anyone who meets the criteria the Louisiana Department of Health has put forth can receive a vaccine at the university. Click here for an updated list of criteria.
People must make an appointment to get the vaccine. They can call the Ochsner vaccine call center at (844) 888-2772 to schedule an appointment, or they can schedule through MyOchsner.
To schedule through MyOchsner, patients must select “Moderna” as the vaccine type, and they must indicate the location they wish to be vaccinated at, according to Ochsner Baton Rouge.
Patients who finish the “e-pre check” on MyOchsner can skip registration upon arrival to the vaccine site and go directly to Fast Pass lane.
- Matsuyama wins at The Masters, 1st man from Japan to win golf major title
- Kilponen, Bats Lead Softball to Series Win at Missouri
- ‘Chucky doll in a dog’s body’: Woman’s post about ‘demonic’ foster dog goes viral
- Alabama senators want Confederate tax to fund Black history
- BRPD investigating shooting death of 16-year-old