BAKER, La. (BRPROUD) – Multiple fire departments were called to a blaze around 2 a.m. at 1325 Hall Dr.

Emergency responders confirm that one person was killed and one was transported to a local hospital.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the “victim was found in the dining room.”

The person who was taken to the hospital suffered from smoke inhalation.

The condition of that victim is unknown at this time.

BRFD said that it appears that the fire started in the kitchen area.

Further investigation determined that an unattended pot left on the stove is the likely cause of this blaze.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department, Zachary Fire Department, Baker Fire Department and Brownsfield Fire Department were all called to this house fire on Monday morning.