BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Operation Clean Up, a volunteer community clean up program, will kick off this week in East Baton Rouge Parish.
“Operation Clean Up is giving our residents the opportunity to revitalize and beautify their community,” Mayor Sharon Weston Broome said. “East Baton Rouge Parish is our home and together we can make it an even better place to live through initiatives like this.”
The parish will host the clean up events, which take place Saturday, April 10 and Saturday, April 24, in coordination with each of the 12 metro council districts.
Volunteers will clean up litter and debris throughout the parish, and residents are also encouraged to clean up litter within their own neighborhoods.
Residents can click here to learn more about the clean up events in their district or to register to volunteer.
- APSO asking for public’s help locating convicted felon
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning
- Trump in 2024? He says only that ‘a Republican’ will win
- Saturday Night: Quiet 48 hours; Storms return on Tuesday
- Van riddled with dozens of bullet holes found in Mississippi River