BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- The Baton Rouge Fire Department is investigating an overnight house fire on Jeff Davis Street.
Calls for the fire came in around 2 a.m.
No one was inside the house during the fire but six people are now displaced due to the damages.
The fire damage caused the roof to collapse and the house is at a total loss, according to BRFD.
“We don’t know where to go, we can’t live with nobody, we are homeless, we are homeless,” Mother and homeowner Kyla Hayes said.
Hayes is a single mother with five kids.
“I need to be able to feed them, bathe them, everything is gone,” Hayes said.
Hayes said all of her kids clothes and toys were burnt up in the fire. She is now left trying to figure out what her kids will wear to school on Monday.
The Red Cross is assisting with the damage and recovery, according to BRFD.
The family is asking for donations of food and clothing.
If you are interested in helping, call (225) 200-4346.
The cause of the fire is undetermined and is under investigation.
EMS, Entergy, BRPD, were also at the scene.
The Hayes family asking for donations of clothing in the following sizes:
– 2 women’s
- LPSO: Search warrant leads to counterfeit money and items used to produce it, 4 arrested
- Gov. Edwards announces new LSP Superintendent
- E. Eric Guirard, mayoral candidate for Baton Rouge, shares message for undecided voters
- Steve Carter, mayoral candidate for Baton Rouge, shares message for undecided voters
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020