Baton Rouge, LA (NBC 33/Fox 44)
While the coronavirus caused a month-and-a-half delay…the phase-two reopening brought back a local favorite. The annual “Parade of Homes” put on by the Home Builders Association of Greater Baton Rouge kicked off today.
This year’s Parade features 41and 71 homes. And day one was a busy one…for those along the tour and visitors looking to get ideas, build, buy or even renovate.
Blake Mistich was there, looking at homes.
“We’re getting married this year and starting a family in the future,” Mistich told us. “So we’re gathering ideas of builders and houses and stuff out there.”
And there were others like Kenesha Phillips who said, “We’re not buying or building yet. I hope so soon. But just, looking pretty much, just seeing what’s out there.”
Parade of Homes organizers say the event was originally set to happen the last week of April and the first month of May. However, due to coronavirus restrictions, it had to be postponed.
Builder Brandon Craft said of the delay, “”It really worked for us because based on all of the delays that we had through Covid, we weren’t gonna be ready in time. And so it worked in our favor.”
This year’s turnout, so far, has been pretty great so far too, with dozens of people in many of the homes in day one. Good news for those looking to impress.
“You know, the Parade’s really something that we work towards each year to make sure that we’ve got a good opportunity to show a house that we’re proud of to the public,” Mistich said today.
For her part, Kenesha Phillips says, she used the Parade’s App to help plan which homes she wanted to visit, 16 in all. And tells us, she’ll need another day to make it to all of them.
And that’s just fine. The Parade of Homes continues Sunday, June 14th.
To check out virtual tours of the homes and help plan your trip if you’re interested in attending, just download HBA parade or visit the HBA/GBR website by clicking here.