BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A pedestrian died in a hit-and-run accident on Gardere Lane on Saturday around 11 p.m., and Louisiana State Police tracked down and arrested the driver who struck him.
Brandon Hedges, 43, of Baton Rouge, was walking in the southbound lane when a pickup truck struck him, according to LSP spokesperson Taylor J. Scrantz.
The driver, 30-year-old Geoffrey Goynes-Clark of Baton Rouge, fled after allegedly striking Hedges with his truck.
Hedges sustained serious injuries and died after being transported to a local hospital.
Louisiana State Police troopers were able to track down Goynes-Clark and arrest him on one count of hit-and-run driving.
Toxicology samples were taken from both Hedges and Goynes-Clark as part of LSP’s investigation into the hit-and-run.
- Acadiana mom, daughter hope to inspire COVID-19 vaccine for path back to normal
- Children burning paper in BBQ pit start fire at Lafayette home; family displaced
- Overcrowding at shelter leads to waived adoption fees
- Saturday Night: Storms tomorrow; Unsettled pattern
- Dylan Crews Named National Freshman of the Year