The Baton Rouge Police Department provided the following update:
Appears that a garbage truck was stopped west bound in the 8600 block of Perkins. The driver of another vehicle (jeep) approaching behind the garage truck appeared distracted. The driver attempted to swerve, but struck the rear of the garage truck near where the sanitation worker was standing. Due to the impact, the sanitation worker was thrown from the vehicle. The sanitation worker was transported to a local hospital and is currently in stable condition. Its unknown at this time how his injuries occurred. The driver of the jeep was cited for Careless Driving. The driver of the jeep complained of injuries but would seek medical attention on his own.
BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Emergency officials are responding to a pedestrian struck at Perkins Rd. and Essen Ln.
A garbage truck was reportedly involved in this crash which took place in the 8600 block of Perkins Rd.
According to the Baton Rouge Police Department, it appears “an individual was ejected from a vehicle that flipped and was struck by another vehicle.
The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
This is a developing story and more information will be provided as it becomes available.
- City-Parish leaders call relaxed concealed carry bills a public safety concern
- Reunion Tour: College teammates getting back together in NFL
- Tennessee woman partially paralyzed after rare reaction to COVID vaccine walks again
- Ochsner introduces new strategy to solve low vaccine turnout
- House advances bill to limit officer qualified immunity