BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a restaurant on Perkins Road Friday night.

Firefighters arrived at Sou Lou Restaurant at 9:30 p.m. and saw light smoke coming from a wall by the patio area. When firefighters cut into the wall, they found a patio heater that was too close to the wall.

The fire department says that the heater’s close proximity to the patio caused the wall’s interior to catch on fire. The smoke and fire were put out before the building sustained significant damage at 10:01 p.m.

Everyone was found safe outside, according to the fire department.