BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A group of local leaders will be hosting a rally calling to end gun violence on Sunday afternoon.
The rally called “DON’T WAIT TIL’ I’M A HASHTAG”: Cease-Fire MLK Rally will be taking place Sunday, Jan. 23 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the steps of the Louisiana State Capitol.
The event will be hosted by Tony King, according to rally organizers, and the following will be speaking:
- Community Activist Silky Slim
- President of the Baton Rouge Chapter of the NAACP Eugene Collins
- Constable Terrica Williams
- Renetta Bell from Eternal Crisis Outreach Center
- Baton Rouge Chapter President of Outstanding Mature Girlz Condoleeza Semien
Event organizers say the rally will provide a space for community members to safely gather and connect. Free t-shirts and mental health information on conflict resolution will be available.
This event is powered by AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Baton Rouge Chapter in partnership with Outstanding Mature Girlz.