BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – On Wednesday, the Salvation Army hosted a turkey drive to feed neighbors in need.
“I’m giving away food boxes to 500 families,” Major Donald Tekautz said. “There are people who have been through some difficult days this year it’s been a difficult year, so they’re grateful and happy.”
People lined the streets waiting to get a box for their family. Residents say this holiday may be different this year, but they’re going to do their best to celebrate.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration