BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A sanity hearing has been scheduled for a man accused of the stabbing death of his grandmother.
On Sunday, Aug. 1, Aaron Morgan allegedly killed his grandmother, stabbed his mother, and shot several others in a Baton Rouge area crime spree.
In a court appearance on Nov. 3, Morgan was indicted for the following:
- One count of second-degree murder
- Five counts of attempted first-degree murder
- One count of armed robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Three counts of attempted armed robbery with a dangerous weapon
- One count of theft of a motor vehicle
- Five counts of aggravated assault on a peace officer
His sanity hearing has been scheduled to take place on Dec. 16 at 9 a.m., according to the district attorney’s office.