BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Some East Baton Rouge residents are still feeling the impact of the 2021 winter storm.
After making calls to Entergy about power outages, residents are saying the Entergy officials believe the power is on.
“I think it’s ridiculous. All they have to do is come over and take a look around. There is nobody with lights on, we have generators going. It’s nerve racking,” Sue Hilliard, East Baton Rouge resident said.
David Freese with Entergy is recognizing the Entergy grid online is delaying.
“If they are without power and it is reflecting otherwise on the map, we would encourage them to call their outage in to 1-800-9OUTAGE,” he said.
He is urging residents to stay warm and remain patient.
“We are facing some delays due to impassive roadways and you know cold load issue for example we have to being customers online in phases rather than all at one time,” he said.
Entergy is providing the following tips to conserve power:
- Lower the central thermostat to 68 degrees and adjust window units accordingly.
- Use energy-efficient ceiling fans and portable fans to circulate air to help with your comfort.
- Open blinds, drapes and curtains to let in warmth from the sun.
- Delay laundry, washing dishes, bathing and other non-essential uses of electricity until this appeal for conservation has ended.
- Wash clothes with cold water, cook foods at the lowest possible setting and refrain from opening the oven door while baking.
- Don’t allow warmed air to escape from the home.
Power outages in the viewing area are available here.