St. George Fire Department responds to house fire caused by expended fireworks

Local News

A view down the length of a fire truck parked in front of a fire station, with fire – rescue labelled on the side on the side.

BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – St. George Fire Department responded to a house fire around 11 p.m. on Friday.

Firefighters found fire coming from a storage room and heavy smoke coming from the roof vents. The cause of the fire was wasted fireworks that had been put into a plastic garbage can against the wall in the storage room. The fire department says the contents ignited causing the plastic can to catch on fire. Flames ran up the wall to the attic. The fire was contained and there were no reported injuries.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories